Saturday, July 24, 2010

Chapter Four- Songs

Foxsong was crouched in the forest. His mouth was slightly open, testing for prey. Then, his ears pricked forward, and he leaped. There was a small squeak, before silence lapped over the forest once more. He raised his head and looked around, sniffing the air. Snow had started to fall, and the land was covered in white. He shook some snow off of him, before heading over to some tree roots. there Foxsong dug up a few pieces of prey, then headed back to camp.

Foxsong hadn't seen Riverfall since that night. It was almost the Gathering though, and maybe he would see her there! He walked into camp, when suddenly Wolfstar burst out of his den. His eyes were wild with pain. Then, a blinding light appeared in Foxsong's eyes, but before that happened, he saw Wolfstar collapse, then he felt his own body fall to the ground....

Foxsong woke up to whiteness. He blinked several times, and looked around, but all he saw was white. Sparkly white. He saw a few things, but barely anything. Foxsong shook, then felt a pelt brush his side. He then heard Wolfstar.

"Foxsong... what can you see? I saw you collapse? All I hear is... ringing. I can barely heard my own voice."

Foxsong gulped, and tried to speak loud.

"W-white. I see white. And I can see a bit, but mostly white."

Wolfstar sighed.

"This is not good."

Foxsong tried to look around.

"Where are we? The medicine cat's den?"

Wolfstar shook his head, then spoke.

"No. My den. Do you know what this means?"

Foxsong shook his head. Then, he heard a voice. He felt Wolfstar stiffen beside him. The voice grew louder.

"Ears of the Wolf will hear the Songs lengthen, eyes of the Fox will see the Songs rise, as power over life shows, the Flames of death close, when all storm's start."

Foxsong looked at Wolfstar, though he couldn't see him.

"Wolfstar... did you... hear that?"

Wolfstar closed his eyes.

"Yes. I did. A prophecy."

Foxsong shuddered.

"This... this can not be good."

(Okay! I am bringing this blog BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know. I had closed it, but guess what? I am going to START it again!!!!! :D I made a new header! And I'm going to make my own background soon! Hope you liked this chapter. ;) )

9 comments:

  1. Wow, it's been a loooonnnnnngggggg time.

    >Swiftshadow<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppp. I have like been telling myself. "Maybe someday I WILL re-open it". I HAVE been wanting to, but keep forgetting. So finally, I did. :) Cause I noticed three blogs I love, but will never bring back, were going to be deleted in TWO days. This was one of them. So I'm like. "Ahhh." I undelete them, then delete the other two again, and keep looking at this one. I re-read it, then I brought it back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maplepack and Free Spirit Competition Barn. :P

    I can't seem to let them go. lol.

    And thanks Em! :)

    ReplyDelete