Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chapter Three-Worry

Just before Rosepetal could strike Wolfsong,Riverclaw slammed into Rosepetal.Killing her instantly.

"I am sorry StarClan.I had what I had to do.To save a clanmate that would live."Riverclaw hangs her head in shame.

"Th-thank-you Riverclaw.You saved my life."

"No problem.What about Wingstar?We need to bury him.And Wolfsong.Where were you.No one saw you in the camp when the wolves came.Are you a traitor?"Riverclaw asked accusingly.

"I am not a traitor!I ran.I ran because I could not see another cat die.When I know that I can't do anything."Wolfsong whispers.

"Let's go bury Wingstar,and Smokestorm."

"What about Rosepetal?"

"No cat can touch her.We will get some sticks on the way.The river is just right here.We will wash her then bury her.But then cats can not drink out of the river for a few sun-rises."

Wolfsong goes and picks up Wingstar,while Riverclaw picks up Smokestorm.They carry them to the center of the camp,to be honoured.Leafriver gives Wingstar one last lick on the shoulder before he leaves to receive his nine lives.

That night the clan slept beside Wingstar and Smokestorm.Some cats lie by Rosepetal.Moonlily warned them to not go to close to Rosepetal.

The next day the clan waits for Leafriver/star to come back.During the night Wolfsong heard faint ringing.He knows that the wolf pack was hunting.But farther away.The clan believes that Leafriver/star is probably just late.They wait all day long.Then the moon rises and the clan starts to worry.What will they do without a leader or deputy.Then they hear a yowl from Stonefang.He went to look for Leafriver/star.He comes running into camp out of breath.But manages to say four words that could change everything.

"Leaf...blood...hopeless...lives..."

2 comments:

  1. Shadowfur why don't you join LakeClan.It is the first link at the side.


    Dreamstar-creator of Death Listener

    ReplyDelete