Sunday, July 5, 2009

Chapter Nine-Ending

Heathersky ran for days and days.She ran past where the other wolves were.Silver,Storm,Shadow,Star,Night,Thunder,Lake and Moon.They followed.They were hungry and needed the food.Heathersky led them far from the territory.As far as she could run before she got tired.Then three sunrises later.The wolves got her,and killed.But they did not know where they were.

"Um.Silver where are we?This doesn't look like that other forest...what are we going to do?"Storm whined anxiously.

"I don't know Storm.It's starting to rain.We will never find our way back now.I guess we will have to live in this forest."Silver said calmly

"But Silver!I don't smell any cats!"Storm howled

"Storm!What I say is what you follow!We are living here from now on!We will find prey to eat!Don't worry!"snarled Silver

~~~~~~~~~~

Wolfstar and Riverclaw made there way back to MoonClan.

"Did StarClan accept you,Wolfstar?"Swallowpond asked curiously.

"Yes I have received my nine lives and my new name,Wolfstar.Is everyone fine here?StarClan said that one would not be here?And the ringing stopped?Did the wolves come again?"

"Yes,Wolfstar,and no.The wolves came like I thought.But the clan had left the camp and climbed trees.Except for Heathersky.She volunteered to be bait.Her mate and kits were dead.She could not live here anymore.She wanted to be with them."Swallowpond said nervously.

"What!Poor Heathersky.That's why the ringing stopped.They must have got her.Let's hope the wolves are far,far away."Wolfsong hung his head and jumped onto the Star Rock.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the StarRock for a clan meeting!"cats started to pour out of the dens.

"I have just found out about Heathersky!She was a brave warrior and we will honour her tonight!Let's hope she has found peace in StarClan with her mate and kits!We will sit vigil for her tonight.

Also I have gone to the Moon Pool and received my nine lives!My name is now Wolfstar.I need to appoint a new deputy!

I say this in the eyes of StarClan and Leafriver,and Wingstar,so that they may see and approve my choice!

Sparrowbranch you have proved yourself worthy and capable of taking on the role of deputy.You shall be the new deputy of MoonClan!

In other news.Riverclaw is my mate and she is expecting my kits!

Sparrowbranch.I want some patrols to go out and make sure the wolves are really gone!That is all!"Wolfstar leaped down from the StarRock and sprinted over to Riverclaw.

"Wolfstar.Our kits are going to be beautiful.And I hope they are as brave as you."Riverclaw said with pride.

"I do too Riverclaw."Wolfstar answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier.



Swallowpond.What are we going to do about the wolves.They must have heard you say that Wolfsong will be the new leader.They will attack tonight."Heathersky said in concern.

"You're right Heathersky.We will climb into the trees tonight."Swallowpond said calmly.

"But the wolves will still be here!I will lead them out of the territory.My mate and kits are dead.I want to be with them.I miss them so much."Heathersky said sadly.

"Never!Heathersky,you are needed in this clan."Swallowpond said.

"But I don't want to be here!I want to be with them."Heathersky said pleading.

"Okay.Tonight when they come you will appear and run.Run as far and as fast as you can.You are our only hope to save the clan"Swallowpond said giving up.

"Thank-you Swallowpond.Thank-you so much"Heathersky said.

"Do not thank me.It is your destiny."Swallowpond said.

~~~~~~~~~~

Five moons later.

"Riverclaw.They will make fine warriors once they are apprentices."Wolfstar said.

"I know.Silverkit,Sunkit,Wingkit,Foxkit and Pinekit come here for some fresh-kill.And I want you to take a nap.Okay?"Riverclaw said.

"Sure Mother!"Foxkit and the others chorused.

"Foxkit looks exactly like you.And he has the same personality as you.He will be a great warrior someday."Riverclaw told Wolfstar.

"I know.Let's just hope he's not a Death Listener,like me,too."Wolfstar said while laughing.

"I love you Wolfstar.I am so glad that there are no threats anymore."Riverclaw said while looking at Wolfstar.

"Ya.For now though.A threat we have never faced is coming.And fast."


The End!

4 comments: