Sunday, July 5, 2009

Chapter Eight-Lives

"Welcome Wolfsong."

"Thank-you.I am here to receive my nine lives.If i am truly who you wish to lead the clan."

"You are.Since you were born you were a leader.You grew up being a leader.Cats looked up to you because of your bravery and determination."

"I know."

"It is time to receive your first life."

"Wait.Who are you?"

"I am Moonstar the first leader of Moonclan."Leafriver stepped forward.

"Hello Wolfsong.You were lucky enough to reach the Moon Pool safely.Unlike me.With this life I give you courage.Use it well in defense of you clan."Leafiver stepped back.Wolfsong felt a sharp pain go through him then quickly pass.

"Thank-you Leafriver.You would have made a fine leader too."

Next came Stonefang.

"Hello.With this life i give you justice.Use it well to judge the actions of others."pain stabbed Wolfsong and memories flooded back from when his family was killed.

Next came Rainwater.

"Hello my son.With this life I give you loyalty to do what you know to be right."A painful memory of Rainwater refusing to leave when Wolfsong begged her to.

Next came Smokestorm.

"Hello Wolfsong.You were a great friend but you will be an even better leader.With this life I give you tireless energy.Use it well to carry out the duties of a leader."Wolfsong paws burned and his heart shook with pain.

Next came Sunkit.

"Hello.With this life I give you protection.Use it well to care for your clan as a mother cares for her kits."The pain and suffering of Heathersky trying to protect her kits sent a strong sharp pain through his body.

Next came Thrushpaw.

"Hello Wolfsong.With this life I give you mentoring.Use it well to train the young cats of your clan."Wolfsong felt his paws burn with this life.

Next came Reedpond.
"Hello brother.With this life I give you compassion.Use it well for the elders of your clan,and the sick,and all those weaker then yourself."Wolfsong felt a pang of worry for his clan as the pain shot through him.

The next cat to step forward was Dawnheart.

"Hello.With this life I give you love.Use it well for all the cats in your care."The pain that he expected was not there.But love and images of Riverclaw was.

The last cat to step forward was Wingstar.

"Welcome Wolfsong.With this life I give you nobility and cetainty and faith.Use it well as you lead your clan in the ways of StarClan and the warrior code."Searing pain shot through Wolfsong.This pain burned his heart and gave him the faith to lead his clan.

"I hail you by your new name,Wolfstar!Your old life is no more.You have now received the nine lives of a leader,and StarClan grants you guardianship of MoonClan!Defend it well;care for the young and old;honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code;live each life with pride and dignity.Use each life to the fullest and use each life living for your clan."

"Wolfstar!Wolfstar!Wolfstar!"

"But when you go back to your clan,Wolfstar,one will not be there,and never again will be there.The times will be different,and your clan will live peacefully for many moons to come.Good-bye Wolfstar."

Wolfstar woke up beside the Moon Pool.He looked over and saw Riverclaw waiting for him.

"Hello Wolfstar.Let's go back to your clan now."


Chapter Nine Coming Soon!
[I know that chapter was just about his lives.But i promise you I will have the next chapter out in a few days!]

2 comments:

  1. WOAH!!!!! So long. HOw many words do you type per minute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *shrugs* Idk. :) That's not even long considered by me. xD

    ReplyDelete